Friday, June 3, 2011

Here I go!!

Why start a blog? Why not. People do it all the time. Why ME? Because everybody and their mother has mentioned to me to start a blog.

So here I go!!

From Farm to Table is a declaration of me. I believe that food is one of the most important things in our life, and needs to be recognized as such. My goal is to celebrate the celebration of life and food, from farm to table and everywhere in between.

My life is woven by a common thread of sustainability, my many shades of green. I shop at local farmers markets and a local farm for my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) boxes. Of the food that my husband Eric and I eat, I strive to make the majority of it from scratch. I practice yoga for my mental and physical well being. I volunteer with Sustainable Fairfax, and I believe that sustainability and resourcefulness represent basic survival and safety themes.

I have yet to figure out what form this forum will take, and I'm very excited to explore and enjoy the ride. Hang on, because here I go!!

4 comments:

  1. So excited for your blog, Alexis! :D

    - Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being as green as possible. It feels good in every way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting, Alexis!! I will be following and reading!! :D

    Casey

    ReplyDelete